From:
Dirk Craeynest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 22:21:12 +0200

                          A d a - B e l g i u m
                S p e c i a l   E v e n i n g   E v e n t

     Ada-Belgium is pleased to announce a technical presentation by
              Jean-Christophe Real of RainCode in Brussels

               A u t o m a t i c   A n a l y s i s   a n d

          M a n i p u l a t i o n   o f   S o u r c e   C o d e

                      Tuesday, June 25, 2002, 20:00

                      at Offis nv/sa - Aubay Group
               Gatti de Gamondstraat 145, B-1180 Brussels

    http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~dirk/ada-belgium/events/local.html

"Automatic Analysis and Manipulation of Source code"

Description of the presentation:

1. Presentation of the RainCode technology: what it is, how it works,
   what it can be used for, etc.

   RainCode's three main products:
   + The RainCode Engine performs automatic user definable code
     analysis, inventory, and transformation of source code in Ada,
     APS, C & C++, COBOL, CSP, Delphi, Ideal, Informix 4GL, Java,
     Natural, and PL/1.
   + The RainCode Roadmap automatically generates complete technical
     documentation of Ada sources.  It enables quick impact analysis and
     gives a number of quality metrics about the code.  The programmer
     can navigate very easily through the code thanks to this tool.
   + The RainCode Checker verifies compliance to a number of pre-defined
     Ada standards.

2. We will show you how to code some sample programs of the RainCode
   Engine for Ada to find the global variables, for instance, or apply
   specific transformations in the code.

3. We will also show you how RainCode can be used to check for
   compliance to coding standards.

Speaker: Jean-Christophe Real, RainCode Product Line Manager.

Jean-Christophe Real studied Computer Science at the Université Libre de
Bruxelles.  After completing his master, he did research on distributed
objects for the Department of Computer Science at the same university.
Some of the things he did during these 8 years of experience in computer
science are:
- consultant job on embedded systems at Alstom,
- design and development of Object oriented frameworks,
- analysis, development and implementation of different versions of the
  RainCode products, and namely, RainCode for Ada.
Jean-Christophe Real is now in charge of the product department of the
RainCode company.

More information on RainCode: http://www.raincode.com/.

A poster in PNG format (suitable for online viewing) and in A4 GIF
format (suitable for printing) is available to help announce this event
on bulletin boards, etc.  Check
http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~dirk/ada-belgium/events/02/020625-ab-post.png
http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~dirk/ada-belgium/events/02/020625-ab-post.gif

Participation
-------------
Everyone interested is welcome at this meeting.  As usual, the event is
free.  If you plan to attend, we would appreciate it if you could inform
us by e-mail at <[log in to unmask]>.  Although no
formal registration is required, this helps our preparations.

As mentioned at earlier occasions, we have a limited stock of
documentation sets and Ada related CD-ROMs that were distributed freely
at previous events.  Most important are copies of the latest "Ada and
Software Engineering" double CD-ROM (ASE2), which was handed out at the
Ada-Europe'2001 conference in Leuven and is also on-line in the
Ada-Belgium archive at URL
ftp://ftp.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/pub/Ada-Belgium/cdrom/index.html.  These
sets will be available on a first-come first-serve basis at this
event for current and new Ada-Belgium members.  Please inform me via
e-mail if you are interested in receiving the free documentation sets
and/or CD-ROMs, so I can bring enough copies with me.

If you are interested to become a new member, please register by
filling out the 2002 membership application form at
http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~dirk/ada-belgium/forms/member-form02.html
and by paying the appropriate fee.  After payment you will receive a
receipt from our treasurer and you are considered a member of the
organization for the year 2002 with all member benefits.  Early
registration ensures you receive the full Ada-Belgium membership
benefits (including the Ada-Europe indirect membership benefits
package) listed at
http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~dirk/ada-belgium/member-benefit.html.

Directions
----------
This event takes place at the premises of Offis nv/sa - Aubay Group
(http://www.offis.be/), Gatti de Gamondstraat 145, B-1180 Brussels,
Belgium.  An access plan to the joint offices of Offis-Aubay and Aubay
SI is available at http://www.aubay-si.com/images/Map_Aubay_SI_Bxl.PDF.

Looking forward to meet many of you in Brussels!

Dirk Craeynest - Ada-Belgium Board - [log in to unmask]

                            Acknowledgements

 We would like to thank our sponsors for their continued support of our
  activities: ACT Europe, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (K.U.Leuven),
 Koninklijke Militaire School / Ecole Royale Militaire (K.M.S./E.R.M.),
     Offis nv/sa - Aubay Group, Top Graph'X, and Universiti Libre de
                           Bruxelles (U.L.B.).