From:
"W. Wesley Groleau x4923" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 1997 10:29:44 -0500
> But surely g++ *does* support templates, let's be sure of facts here. In
> the case of one large work station manufacturer, I heard that their analysis
> was that g++ was the only C++ compiler they had around that could handle
> STL properly.

The pertinent "facts" are not what gcc actually does, but what the
participants of that thread were complaining about.  More than one said
exactly the opposite-- that they were forced to buy a compiler to work
with the STL because "g++ doesn't support templates."  Others complained
that the g++ handling of exceptions was "not robust".

It was my thought that GNAT handling exceptions and generics is "robust"
(is it?) and therefore my offer of this "opportunity"

As some of you know from other posts I have done, a post from me on the
topic would probably start a flame war rather than promote Ada, GNAT or
even the GNAT enhancements to the backend.