Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 10:25:27 -0700
From:
Greg Bek <[log in to unmask]>
> To: Brice Lecomte et al.
>
> From: Bob Leif, Ph.D.
>
> So far, my informal search has revealed none, except for one possible,
> unconfirmed Ada '83 Verdix library, which quite possibly may not have been
> written in Ada.

There is a known problem with the VADS dates package.  This package
provides textual I/O routines for date values.  If you entered a
2 digit year number then it always assumed the twentieth century
(ie: 19xx).

We have a corrected version of this package available through our
support organization.  The new version allows you to specifiy a sliding
window to define which century to add to a 2 digit year.

Please note that this package was never used inside VADS.  The dates
package was provided for use by our customers.  VADS uses operating
sytem routines for obtaining date/time information and encoding it
for storage.  Because of this Rational cannot provide a Y2K guarantee
on any platform that is itself not Y2K compliant.

Greg Bek

Greg Bek  mailto:[log in to unmask]
Product Manager
Rational Software, Cupertino CA 95014
Ph: +1 408 863 4394   Fax: + 1 408 863 4180