Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 11:43:08 -0700
From: Gene Ouye <[log in to unmask]>
Robert Eachus said:
>Glad to hear it.  But as you can see from the rest of the discussion,
>that information has been very closely held.     ;-)

We're working hard to correct that problem, but as is readily apparent, we
still have some work to do!  :-)

>With a product this year you should have a chance to grab a decent
>share of the market.  There are a lot of projects targeting NT
>starting this year or early next year.  By this time next year,
>I'd expect the entry barrier to be too high.

You're 100% right.  The best thing about this is that there's some
excitement in Ada again.  And some healthy competition will be good for ALL
of us in the Ada community, not just Rational, or Aonix, or ACT, or ...

It's fun to be in Ada these days!

>And of course, I don't know whether you are planning to target the
>DOS market at all, and I don't care (but Mike Brenner might).

Right now, we're sticking to 32-bit Windows, but there is plenty of activity
by others in the DOS Ada business.  So just because we aren't there doesn't
mean you can't use Ada on DOS.

GeneO.