Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: "(No Name Available)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 00:23:56 -0500
[log in to unmask] quoted and then wrote:

>> My recollection is that CD was Microsoft-only, so folks should take
>> care that the journalist in question is not from MacWorld or one of
>> the Unix magazines.  (Even if they have access to a Microsoft machine
>> it would be unwise and inaccurate to give Ada an appearance of being
>> Microsoft-centric.)
>>
>Well, here we are faced with the usual tradeoffs. As everyone knows,
>I am personally Mac-centric and Ada-centric.
>
>Yes, the CD is for Wintel boxes; if only Intermetrics had built it as
>a hybrid... unfortunately, they did not. So should be try to educate
>journalists as best we can on Ada, or refrain because the Ada world
>and the Mac world have pointed at each other and said "small market,
>not interested."

Sorry, I did not mean to imply there was anything wrong with having a
Windows-centric CD-ROM promoting Ada, just to make sure that those who
do not have any contact with Macintosh (unlike Mike Feldman and Jim
Hopper) realize that the CD-ROM _is_ Windows-centric and take that
into account when choosing journalists of opportunity.

In a similar fashion, I would expect a promotion specifically aimed at
how many ways there are to run Ada programs _under_ Windows NT (or _under_
Unix, for that matter) would be inappropriate for Embedded Systems
Journal.

Thanks to those who put in the effort at preparing the material.

Larry Kilgallen