From:
Hal Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 14:59:19 -0700
The SIGAda "Ada Awareness" booth will be making its next appearances at:

  -  The SEI Annual Symposium next week, Sep. 14-16, in Pittsburgh
  -  OOPSLA'98, Oct. 20-22, in Vancouver, British Columbia (Canada).

While CURRIE COLKET (SIGAda Vice Chair for Meetings & Conferences) will
be SIGAda's main man in the booth both times, all Ada advocates who are
otherwise attending these conferences are encouraged to donate a few
hours helping Currie man the booth.  The busy times are always the times
technical sessions take breaks, so that's when he would most welcome
help and that's when you're more likely to be available.  :-)

If you are attending either event, please contact Currie directly  (2
email addresses above) to let him know.  Or, drop by the SIGAda booth
when exhibits open and let Currie know about your willingness.  Currie
will welcome any informal agreement about times you will help staff the
booth (or take down after exhibits close).

Both these events draw thousands of people and can be very stimulating;
and, they are good fits with Ada's strengths.  We consistently get
positive feedback about the effects our SIGAda booth has on continued
awareness about the state of Ada (e.g., counteracting the rumors of the
demise of Ada :-).  The SIGAda booth is usually an active and exciting
place to conduct all kinds of technical interchanges with the mingling
crowds.  Try it, you'll like it.

   --Hal Hart (SIGAda "Ada Awareness Initiative" logistical lackey)

PS:  The former "Object World" has been merged with COMDEX and is now a
series called "COMDEX/Enterprise Featuring Object World."   SIGAda was a
regular exhibitor at Object World from 1994-97 (generally in Boston in
the Spring and SF in the Summer), but we may have missed one in the
transition.  The next one is DECEMBER 8-10 at the Jacob K. Javits
Convention Center in New York City.  SIGAda is undecided about signing
up to exhibit there, but likely will do so if someone volunteers to be
the booth manager the full time there.  Travel subsidies are available
in the SIGAda budget, with contributions from the Ada Resources
Association (ARA).  Contact me ([log in to unmask]) if you're interested,
either in being the booth manager or in supporting the SIGAda booth part
of the time in NYC in December.

SIGAda's 1999 exhibiting schedule is being developed now, and will be
announced in the Fall.