From:
"Robert I. Eachus" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert I. Eachus
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:39:37 -0400
At 08:47 PM 6/9/1999 +0000, nasser abbasi wrote:
>> "Will future versions just be Unix-based, or will you want it to run
>> on Windows boxes?"

>Those are good questions of course. But the above one is not asked
>much nowadays since in this age of Java, it is supposed to
>eliminate the need to ask it.

    Buy that and I have a bridge to sell you.  I have applications that
have remote clients and connect via X-windows, even from NT boxes.  The
code for the clients is trival, and in some cases is just a shell script.
(Well a pair of shell scripts.)  But the user interface shown on NT has to
be different from that shown on Unix, even though all that code actually
lives and runs on Unix boxes.  The GUI has to be consistant with user
expectations, and the user expectations are different.

    If you run inside a browser, you can use the same browser on both
boxes, but now the question becomes: Netscape or IE?

                                        Robert I. Eachus

with Standard_Disclaimer;
use  Standard_Disclaimer;