From:
"Robert C. Leif, Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert C. Leif, Ph.D.
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 21:17:52 -0800
From: Bob Leif
To: Tom Moran Rich Conn et al.

I ran Windows Explorer 5 on Windows 98. I communicated directly with and
executed an Exe, which was compiled with ObjectAda. The batch file
established the problem with the command line. I will soon try Rich Conn's
approach using the Personal Web Server. For those who wish to try this,
unfortunately, Windows 98 help does not include "Personal Web Server". From
Microsoft Windows 98 Resource Kit. page 990, Installing Personal Web Server.
1. In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs
2. Click Install and insert the Windows 98 compact disc.
3. Browse to \add-ons\pws
4. Double-click the PWS application icon and follow the instructions on your
screen
5. When you are finished, restart your computer for the changes to take
effect.
Personal Web Server will be found with the Internet Explorer program group.

Unfortunately, I have reservations on how to acquire data in real-time
without interrupts under Windows 98. The good points about Personal Web
Server is that it can serve as a reference program for a future local Ada
server; and it certainly is appropriate for conventional applications.

I hope that Rich Conn will add explicit information on the use of Personal
Web Server to his excellent web site.