From:
Terry Westley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terry Westley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 09:59:02 -0500
I haven't gotten any response on some Ada/JSP questions on comp.lang.ada
so I hope you all don't mind a couple technical questions here...

(1) Has anyone implemented a JSP (JavaServer Page) page compiler which
    uses Ada as the scripting language and generates a servlet coded in
    Ada, then compiles it with JGNAT or Object Ada?

    It appears to be fairly easy to create and call an Ada Bean from a
    JSP, but I was just wondering if I could go the next step and actually
    code JSP declarations, scriptlets and expressions in Ada.  This would
    require an Ada JSP page compiler.

(2) JGNAT specific: In jgnat-1.1p, there is an examples directory which
    contains the Java API in jar form.  Using jvm2ada, one can create the
    Ada specs for the packages and classes in the jar file.

    I'm just wondering why the Java API is in the examples directory.
    When I built my own program (an Ada Bean) using the Java API, I
    referenced this directory (as in -I/jgnat-1.1p/examples/Java-API),
    but am wondering if the intent is that I copy the jar file and Ada
    package specs into each application build directory.

(3) JGNAT specific: In Java, you use the package statement to specify
    that a certain class is in a particular package.  Then, you put
    your class file in the corresponding directory.  I've successfully
    created an Ada Bean, but can't figure out how to create and deploy
    them in multiple directories so that the Web server can find them.

--
Terry J. Westley, Software Development Manager
Veridian Engineering, Information Warfare