From:
Dirk Craeynest <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dirk Craeynest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 22:17:00 +0100
David, all,

= The Ada world as a whole often looks like it is crumbling...

At times it may look that way, but I can assure you it isn't...

= There was a message posted on comp.lang.ada asking about what was
= new at the SigAda conference. If no one answers this kind of post
= it doesn't help to boost interest in SigAda, the conference or the
= ultimately the language.

I agree it is unfortunate that no one has responded to that posting
yet.  I hope some of the participants will find the time to share
their experiences.

However, please note that many of the almost 100 people who were
registered for the SIGAda 2004 conference last week do *not* read the
comp.lang.ada newsgroup and are *not* subscribed to Ada mailing lists.
I suppose that most of the others are still busy clearing the backlog
at work after being away for several days...

Keep an eye for some news about SIGAda 2004 in comp.lang.ada shortly.

= Also, Does any one know how to contact Magnus Kempe.

Magnus was still subscribed to the Ada-Belgium-Info mailing list, but
some time ago his ksce.com address started responding with anti-spam
messages stating how to get a valid contact address (but "ONLY do this
if you know me in person and you have a NON-COMMERCIAL purpose").

Unfortunately, I never got a response to the query I sent...

= He usually ignores my e-mail offers to purchase the AdaHome domain
= for a while and then sends a polite, No.. but my latest e-mail
= attempts have not been success in reaching him at all.

The most recent posting from Magnus Kempe that can be retrieved from
Google Groups dates from March 1999, and ironically is somewhat related
to your request:

-------
From: Magnus Kempe <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: adverts on c.l.a
Date: 1999/03/04
To: David Botton <[log in to unmask]>

> ... Magnus Kempe
> has expressed that he is no longer actively working on AdaHome

You are mistaken.
Please ask me before you make such statements in public, thank you.

> or as it
> seems the FAQs.

I'll gladly leave the maintenance of the FAQs to a competent volunteer
(please contact me at [log in to unmask] as well as Team-Ada to discuss
it).

Magnus Kempe
-------

At that time (5 years ago) Magnus seemed quite willing to cooperate
and pass the maintenance of his earlier work to other people (FAQs,
perhaps also AdaHome).

Dirk ([log in to unmask] for Ada-Belgium/Europe/WG9 mail)

*** 10th Intl.Conf.on Reliable Software Technologies - Ada-Europe'2005
*** June 20-24, 2005 ***  York, UK  ***  http://www.ada-europe.org ***