From:
Hal Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 17:50:47 -0700
ALL:  I saw that Ginger is gone for a few days, so I think I can answer the
question about voting eligibility below.  Only ACM members can vote.  The $53
(stupid) & $25 membership options do not qualify.  You have to pay your
almost-$100 for basic ACM membership + SIGAda's $25 fee.  I am not sure whether
or not student members of the ACM who also are student members of SIGAda get to
vote, but I doubt this situation was being queried.

Note that as Past SIGAda Chair, I am the 2001 SIGAda Nominations Committee
Chair.  Before December, I need at least 2 candidates for each of (1) Chair, (2)
Vice Chair for Meetings & Conference, (3) Vice Chair for Liaison, (4) Secretary,
(5) Treasurer, and (6) International Representative.  The latter (6) must be a
non-North-American resident.  I encourage private messages to me (please use
[log in to unmask]) if you're interested or want to discussion responsibilities
and likely effort commitments.  Or, suggest to me someone who you believe should
be encouraged to run for office and I will follow up.  HOWEVER, the same rules
apply as for voting  --  you must be an ACM member to stand for SIGAda office.
Note that current SIGAda Chair, Ben Brosgol, will automatically become the Past
SIGAda Chair, a 7th voting member of the SIGAda Executive Committee.  (And I get
to "retire" after 20 straight years on the SIGAda EC!  :-)

      -Hal Hart, SIGAda Past Chair