Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 09:21:24 +0000
>> demo or little throw-away app at least as fast, and usually faster, in
>> Ada.  There are more powerful language constructs that simply do more,
>> more correctly, in a single statement.  Of course it helps to use my
>> personal toolkit of handy Ada code, just as an experienced C* person would
>> use his.  My fingers can also type "if x then" faster than "if(x)"

>Me, too, for all of the above reasons, PLUS the fact that I've got
>75 KSLOC of Ada experience and only 1.5 of C  :-)

>Which means you can't judge by me.  :-)  But it does seem that people
>who have equal experience in both choose Ada more often than not.

Not necessarily - in my case it depends on what I want to do. I'd say I have
more Ada experience than C although not as big a difference as yours, but If I
want something that is easy in Ada (e.g. it uses tasks or something like that)
then I'll do it in Ada - if it's easier in C, e.g. because I'm using system
calls that return objects with pointers to pointers in it, then I'll do it in C.

John