From:
"R. Ebert" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
R. Ebert
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 09:59:20 +0200

EJDA> How do I use the EMACS Ada mode in Unix?  I know that the command
EJDA> to get into the LISP mode is emacs -l, so is the Ada mode emacs
EJDA> -a?

There should not be an installation or invocation problem at all.  If
you use any recent version of Emacs or XEmacs, you can open an Ada file
(files ending in *.ads or *.adb) and Emacs automatically is in Ada mode.
In the mode line the word "Ada" appears.

If that is not the case, than either you must upgrade your (X)Emacs or
you must install the emacs Ada mode from cs.ny.edu:/pub/gnat following
the installation instructions in the documentation.

I recommend doing both.  You will get a better Ada mode and a better
Emacs.

If you still have problems send me private email.  It is not worth
discussing it here on hte list.

        Rolf