From:
AdaWorks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 17:35:01 -0700
I have read and re-read the suggestion from Dr. Eachus regarding
the problem of "with" clauses in sub-units.  I agree with the
need to control coupling and reduce dependencies.  One way to
reduce dependencies is to push the context clause to the level
of source code where it is required.  If the context clause is
specific to the implementation of a subunit, why would it be
coded for the entire package body?  If the goal is to reduce
dependencies, then only the subunit needs to be re-compiled when
the unit on which it depends is re-compiled.

I know I must have misunderstood the counsel in the original message
in which subunit context clauses was referenced.

Richard

Richard Riehle
AdaWorks Software Engineering
Suite 30