From:
Michael Feldman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Feldman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 11:57:12 -0500
Ed said:

> We've had booths at other conferences over 3 years now.   (I can't =
> remember when Mike Feldman started exhibiting at SIGCSE/ACM Computing =
> Week.)  This year=20
> we've been to 9 conferences, including Object World East & West, ACM =
> Computing=20
> Week, SEI Software Engineering Symposium & SEPG, FCRC, Object Expo, Fed=20
> OOTs, OOPSLA.  Huntsville SIGAda also had a booth at a local IEEE =
> conference=20
> for 2 years in a row.  And, we've either had a table-top exhibit at or =
> sent CD-ROMS=20
> to attendees of the Small College Computer Conferences.

And there's usually a presence at STC, though that's a pretty military
conference.

The GNAT-Mac team was at MacWorld Expo sharing a booth with Tenon.
Also gave a couple of 40-minute talks on Ada and GNAT-Mac.
Reasonably steady traffic in our booth, some for us, some for MachTen.

BTW - we'll also be at TRI-Ada, with booth space provided by ACT and
equipment provided by Tenon.

I think the first SIGAda booth at ACM Computing Week was 1991, so that's
6 years running. Rich Pattis started it, then Rick Conn and I ran it,
and now other SIGAda-ers have participated too.

I'll be there in San Jose for ACM CW '97, too. I'd love
whatever help others care to offer.

Also, were you all aware that SIGAda is now a co-sponsor of the
Software Applications Conference (SAC) that's part of CW? That is not
an Ada conference at all, but has a growing Ada "presence".

> Just about every year, I've asked for suggestions of other conferences =
> that we can
> exhibit at.  I got 2 this year and we exhibited at both.   In January, =
> we'll exhibit at=20
> conference, Lab Automation '97, that has a very different focus from =
> those that=20
> we've attended in the past (i.e., medical lab equipment).  Let me know =
> if you have
> suggestions?

We'll all be very interested in the report from Lab Automation!

> Between SIGAda's budget (sustained by TRI-Ada) and ACM support, we've =
> had=20
> sufficient funds for a few more conferences.  Our biggest constraint is =
> labor.  I have=20
> had a hard time getting volunteers to staff the booth. =20

Yep, this is really a problem. I guess it's characteristic of all of
us that we are so ready to suggest efforts that _others_ can undertake.:-)

> Let me know if you know other shows that would be good to exhibit at, =
> and tell me when you can volunteer.
>
> Take Care,
> Ed Colbert
> SIGAda Ada Awareness Manager/Booth Coordinator

Mike Feldman
Michael B. Feldman -  chair, SIGAda Education Working Group
The George Washington University -  Washington, DC 20052 USA
202-994-5919 (voice) - 202-994-0227 (fax)
http://www.seas.gwu.edu/faculty/mfeldman
       Pork is all that money the government gives the other guys.
WWW: http://www.adahome.com or http://info.acm.org/sigada/education