From:
Geoff Bull <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Geoff Bull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 09:05:45 +1000
Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:

> Geoff:
>
> [ HTTP server ]
>
> > I had a play with this.
> > Just a few hundred lines of code (including embedded HTML) and
> > Ada code happily talks HTTP with Netscape. I just have to write
> > a bit more to decode the POST data from the forms and I will put
> > this on the web.
> > This is non-industrial strength proof of concept code only.
> > My curiousity is satisified, and without $$$ I don't intend to
> > develop this too much further.
>
> What is status on the project?

As, I said,  I didn't intend to do any more, and I didn't.
What you want is this (I guess this sparkec you inquiry?):

Subject:    ANNOUNCE: new AWS version
Date:       Sat, 1 Apr 2000 18:47:18 +0200
From:       "Pascal Obry" <[log in to unmask]>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada, fr.comp.lang.ada

There is a new version of my HTTP component (client side
and server side) named AWS (Ada Web Server) on my
homepage.

This version (v0.4) is a bug fix release only. There is no new
features. I'd like to thanks again Dmitriy Anisimkov for his
numerous comments and idea for improvement.

Direct access from:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/contrib.html

It is still not perfect but it is getting better, and it should be
possible
now to implement Web site with this component (you wont need
a Web server).

Pascal.

> Would you care to share the code even if the POST handling
> isn't implemented yet?

Pascal's code is *much* more complete than mine.
But if you still want to look at my code, I can send it to you.

> I presume that you are aware of Wheeler's CGI package (but
> remind you just in case... ;-).

Surre, but that is something different.

Cheers
Geoff