Nick Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 23:57:27 +0100
Mike, and the Team,

The reason why I didn't attach the files to the TA post or the comp.lang.ada
post was because this is bad netiquette. The files are only ~40KB, but even
so, many people would frown on me just sending these out unsolicited.

Am I right about this, or is there a consensus on this list that would agree
to me posting these files as an attachment to the whole list? (I guess my
original post, Mike's, and then this, total >40KB anyway ;-)

I would have sent them to be put on the SIGAda SCLWG web page
(http://www.suffix.com/Ada/SCL), but their 'forum' page seems to have broken
for a while, and the site doesn't seem to have had any activity for months
(which is why I started the "adascl" eGroup). Does anyone know what has
become of this site?

I reiterate that anyone (except spammers and trollers) is welcome to join
the eGroup, and anyone can e-mail me if they want me to send them the files
by e-mail.

I think, possibly, my proposal answers Mike's questions about nested
structures. Specifically, I make a point of mentioning that the data type
handled by all of the structures described can be an access type. This way,
data buried in any depth of structuring can be 'got at' - via the
dereferencing of access values - without actually having to read and write
the encompassing structures wholesale.

Note that one of the files has already been revised. (The revision has been
uploaded to the eGroup.)

Nick Roberts
http://www.adapower.com/lab/adaos