Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:40:30 -0500
From:
Currie Colket <[log in to unmask]>
Terry, Dirk, and Team-Ada:

> Anyone know what's happened to the Web Ada mailing list?

I confirmed your results that the web_ada maillist does not currently
exist.

However, if you really want to set up a Web Ada mailing list, SIGAda can
request a maillist for you. ACM may approve a request for:

ACM prefers lists to have the name of the SIG as part of the list, so a
list name such as:

        [log in to unmask] is more likely to be approved.

They have approved names such as [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask] so we
could request web_ada and get lucky. If you would like SIGAda to request
the list, please let me know and I will take action to request it
through ACM.

Bob Munck was trying to start a SIGAda Working Group in 1995. It never
got off the ground. He did get the web page started and has been noted,
is 6 years out of date. A Charter was never submitted for approval to
actually create the Web Ada Working Group. Perhaps Bob was 6 years ahead
of his time. It looks like there is now good interest to get this
underway. You are highly encouraged to take over the web site as a
mechanism to exchange information. Please let me know if you or others
are willing to do this and I should be able to arrange accounts for you
on the ACM machine for the existing
http://www.acm.org/sigada/wg/web_ada/ node. ACM does require an ACM
membership number on the account request.

Please consider becoming officially chartered under SIGAda. Charters are
useful as they establish focus for the group as well as any ground rules
that might be necessary. For a Charter example, you might want to check
out the ASIS Home Page at:

        http://www.acm.org/sigada/wg/asiswg/asiswg.html

following the links to Background on the ASIS Working Group (ASISWG) and
Current Charter. Earlier charters are also provided. (The charter
actually is in need of an update:-)

I am very excited about your desires and hope there is strong interest
in finally creating a Web Ada Working Group. Please let me know of any
other need you might have in making this successful.

v/r
Currie Colket
SIGAda Vice Chair for Meetings and Conferences