From:
Randy Brukardt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Brukardt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 16:12:40 -0600
(As seen on comp.lang.ada. Sorry for the duplication for those of you that
have already seen it...)
The ARG needs to find out more about the behavior of stream files on
existing Ada compilers in order to resolve AI-00085. Since the results
potentially could vary by target, we need your help to get the broadest
possible coverage of the behavior of existing compilers. We're especially
interested in obscure compilers and obscure targets, but we also need
results for all of the mainstream compilers and targets. So feel free to
send in all results; we'll follow up if we're getting too many results for a
particular compiler/target combination.

The test requires:
-- An Ada 95 compiler;
-- A target that supports stream files.

The test is available at
<http://www.ada-auth.org/~acats/ai-files/grab_bag/ai85.ada>. It's about 600
lines of code, and the output goes to standard output.

Please run this test on as many different Ada compilers and targets as
possible. Please send the test results, along with your name, reply e-mail,
the compiler used (including version number), and a description of the
target (including the operating system name and target) to
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Note that the test's Passed and Failed messages depend on a particular
interpretation of the Ada Reference Manual (as corrected by Technical
Corrigendum 1), and do not necessarily reflect the final interpretation by
the ARG for these issues. Thus, a result of Failed does not necessarily
reflect that the compiler under test is incorrect. Also note
that we are interested in all results, not just those that report Failed.
Please submit all Passed and Failed results.

Randy Brukardt
ARG Editor