Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 14:59:39 +0000
>I think the relevant section is the LRM section 13.9.1

My thanks to all who have replied on this one.

I would like to point out that this is code I've been supplied with, not that I
have written written myself, and that the main aim of the question was to
determine who to report the problem to.

It is clear from the replies I have received that none of the compilers are
wrong, but the implementation dependence in this case is of concern to me.

I wouldn't be particularly bothered if it happened with C :-)

Thanks again.

John

recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender
immediately by telephoning +44(1252) 373232. You should not copy it
or use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute its contents to
any other person.