From:
David Botton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 06:33:31 +0000
I just gave it a try. Not bad, for the Ada world, but not even close
to Delphi, VB, Visual Cafe, or any other Visual tool.

What we need is something like:

File | New Window

Window pops on screen

Palette of controls, etc.

Drop Button

Name the button MyButton in the Properties dialog.
Give it the Caption "OK"

Click on the event tab of properties dialog with Button selected

Type in name of procedure to MyClick (or optionaly package.procedure)
at the On_Click event.

It creates the spec and body for the procedures in the package with
the write signature to be assigned by access to the On_Click message.
You are then popped in to an editor where you can add the code you
would like to respond to the message.

At the same time code is added to the Package's On_Create method that
looks like

Create(MyButton, "OK", X => 10, Y => 10);
Set_On_Click(MyButton, MyClick'Access);
Show(MyButton);

It also created if the auto creation function is set for the window
and/or this is the top window in the Ada main procedure:

procedure MyApplication is
    MainWindow : MyPackage.MyWindow;
body
   MyPackage.Create(MainWindow);
   MyPackage.Show(MainWindow);

   GUI.MainLoop;
end MyApplication;

BTW, I crashed the builder in about 2 minutes with my first sample app.

David Botton