Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: "W. Wesley Groleau x4923" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 08:36:49 -0500
> .... around to putting it on the web.  I was also a bit reluctant to
> do so, because I can't cite sources for many of the projects mentioned.
> As you know, I'm a college professor, and in my profession we are
> obsessive about citing our sources.  We're conditioned to think that
> anything unattributable is worthless.

I'm an amateur genealogist.  Professional genealogists are also obsessive
about "proof" and "primary sources."  But my feeling is, if Gene Alogist
says without proof that John Doe was born in 1941 in Timbukthree, at least
I can go to Timbukthree to verify it.  That's much better than searching
the whole country to find out whether or not a John Doe was born there.