From:
John Apa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 10:54:48 -0600
At the STC here in Utah last month my coworkers commented that there wasn't
anyone at the SIGAda booth. I stopped by several times over the course of
the last day and discovered the same thing. That hasn't helped the Ada
proponents here, in fact it now appears as if the last Ada project is about
to go c++. Yes, everyone agrees that Ada is better, but we're losing our Ada
guys to places doing c++. Its not the money, it's the opportunity to learn
c++ and be more "marketable". That perception needs to be challenged more
widely. New grads know Ada, but they all want to do c++ because of the
market factors.

I think it would be worthwhile to increase Ada's visibility in the Linux
world, and I think it has to be done by more than just ACT. ARA and SIGAda
has everything to pull it all together.