Chad Bremmon <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 11:02:34 -0400
I might recommend working through Admiral Gauss at DISA.  He was there 2 years
ago anyway.  He spoke in high favor of Ada95 at WAdaS '96.

He might have the inside scoop or be able to get it.

I've lost touch and don't know how to get a hold of him anymore.

It's just an idea of how to get in touch.

Chad
---------------------- Forwarded by Chad Bremmon/OrbMD on 04/07/99 11:03 AM
---------------------------

Pat Rogers <[log in to unmask]> on 04/07/99 10:37:49 AM

Please respond to Pat Rogers <[log in to unmask]>

 To:      [log in to unmask]

 cc:      (bcc: Chad Bremmon/OrbMD)

 Subject: Re: Navy Mandates Non-Ada

> >> I was rather shocked to learn that the Navy (at least for one
program) is
> >> requiring that all software -not- be written in Ada.  I asked if
that
> >> included COTS, and, at least from a second-hand source, the
answer was
> "yes".
> >
> >Are you sure the real reason is that they need data to prove
> >that a pure Ada project is cheaper than a non-Ada project?
> >

> Quite sure.  I was told that none of the software could be written
in Ada,
> even if it came as part of a COTS product.  I believe at least part
of the
> reason is that this manager thinks that Ada-knowledgeable people are
too
> scarce to be able to maintain the system for a reasonable cost.

Shame we can't contact him/her en masse, to demonstrate our existence!
:-)