From:
Roger Racine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roger Racine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:51:06 -0400
At 04:28 PM 9/23/1999 , Aidan Skinner wrote:
>On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Kester, Rush W. wrote:
>
>> older tool, but may be easier to build and get running than Intermetric's
>> C2Ada.  A while back there were a group of people working sporadically as a
>
>c2ada runs on linux quite happily. Nasser Abassi ported it to linux, and I
>have rpms for redhat etc availble from:
>
>http://www.skinner.demon.co.uk/aidan/programming/

I have now installed both c2ada and cbind.  The problem I had appears to be
due to some standard include files for GCC that use GCC-specific extensions
to C.  For example, there are many "__const"s inside function declarations.
 Not being a C expert, I can not say for sure, but that looks to each of
the 2 binding generators to be a syntax error.  Similarly, there are
__attribute__ and __inline usages.  If I #define those to be null at the
top of the C file I am trying to create a binding for, and use "gcc -E" to
create a preprocessed file, c2ada works fine (other than some warnings
about unknown directives which are part of the "gcc -E" processing).  cbind
crashes with an assertion error after some number of error messages about
the same unknown directives.

Both tools hang (at least I assume if they do not finish in 5 minutes of
using 98% CPU they have hung) if I do not preprocess the file.

Roger Racine
Roger Racine
Draper Laboratory, MS 31
555 Technology Sq.