jim hopper <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 19:32:04 -0500
At 10:52 AM -0500 8/21/00, W. Wesley Groleau x4923 wrote:
>  > You stated, "even MacOS is less reliable than it used to be."
>Does this have
>>  any correlation with Apple's use of the C family of languages?
>
>I don't know.  Apple started out with Pascal.  I don't know how much they've
>shifted to C, but there's probably a correlation.

For what its worth Apple originally wanted to go with Ada as their
main high level language when they transitioned from asm.  But they
could not get any of the ada vendors interested in doing a compiler
for mac.  eventually they did but it was to late apple had already
gone with pascal by that time.  i got this from one of the original
development team.

jim
--
If you wish to strive for peace of soul then believe;
if you wish to be a devotee of truth, then inquire.