From:
Terry Westley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 12:20:27 -0400
On Sunday, July 05, 1998 3:12 PM, MCENANEY WILLIAM J [SMTP:[log in to unmask]] wrote:
> Hi Everybody, I'n a beginner in Ada, so I don't know much about what components
> are components people have written in it.  Do you know of components for using
> regular expressions in Ada programs?  I want to write a program that needs
> them.  If you know of the components that I want, please tell me where to ftp
> them from.

You could use the regexp calls available in Tcl/Tk through TASH, an Ada
binding to Tcl/Tk.

Using the Tcl/Tk regexp routines has the *disadvantage* of carrying Tcl/Tk
along with it.  It's not pure regexp.

However, it has the *advantage* of also providing routines for string and
list handling, hash tables, and platform-independent graphical user interfaces.

I think it's a net gain, but take a look for yourself at http://tash.calspan.com.

> Second, you have a favorite book about programming in Ada 95, please name it.
> I want a book to teach me superb programming style.  Thanks a lot.

My favorites are Barnes and Ada RM.

--
Terry J. Westley, Principal Engineer
Calspan, An operation of Veridian