From:
Gary PERLMAN <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary PERLMAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 12:29:31 -0500
Many of the 40 or so SIGCHI chapters (chartered and forming)
are in areas where there is little access to printed
materials such as proceedings.  Also, many SIGCHI members
have extra copies of proceedings, such as for conferences
they attended.  If you have extra copies of proceedings from
CHI-related conferences, and you can transport them to CHI 99,
then you can donate them to a worthy cause.  At CHI 99, the
Local SIGs booth will gather proceedings to be redistributed
to needy local SIGCHI chapters for their lending libraries.

I have created a form for people to pledge donations:
        http://www.acm.org/~perlman/proshare.cgi
It lists recent proceedings we would like to gather, and it
shows running totals of pledges.  Please drop by to pledge.
It's pretty easy to check boxes next to the proceedings you
can bring.  It will help with planning.  You can change your
pledge at any time.  People who fail to bring their pledges
will not be penalized in any way!

More information is available on the form.  Please consider
helping out needy SIGCHI chapters (and clear some shelves)
and visit the form soon.

Gary Perlman, BuckCHI Past Chair