Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: "W. Wesley Groleau x4923" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 15:10:52 -0500
> The one that was most troubling to me was UCSD Pascal.

What was troubling about it?  Serious question, not argument.

When UCSD came out, I liked it (the language at least).  (But then, I had
no concept of standards at the time.)

It had separate compilation, separation of interface from implementation,
language-supported concurrency, sets, variable-length strings, ....

I was not impressed with the p-System O.S., but that's another story.

--
Wes Groleau
http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~wgroleau