From:
"Kester, Rush W." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kester, Rush W.
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 15:23:21 -0400
Yes.  Ada controlled Lego Mindstorms are being used in several academic
settings:
  USAF Academy, contact [log in to unmask]
  Defense Systems Management College, contact [log in to unmask]
  Johns Hopkins APL (I plan to use with area high schools)

I would also like to mention that Ada->Lego Mindstorms is part of the "Fun
with Ada" lab at Ada Power's web site.  The URL for the Fun with Ada lab is,

http://www.adapower.com/lab/adafun.html .

Controlling robots is one of the projects we are working on.
Others being model trains, cars, and games.

To discuss using Ada to control robots use
http://www.adapower.com/lab/adafun/chat.html

David Botton is the one who developed an Ada binding for LEGO Mindstorm's
SPIRIT.OCX.  He can be reached at [log in to unmask]

Rush Kester
Software Systems Engineer
AdaSoft at Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab.
email:  [log in to unmask]
phone: (240) 228-3030 (live M-F 9:30am-4:30pm, voicemail anytime)
fax:   (240) 228-6779
http://hometown.aol.com/rwkester/myhomepage/index.html