Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 12:11:07 -0500
***> At the STC here in Utah last month my coworkers commented that ***
there wasn't anyone at the SIGAda booth. I stopped by several
*** times over the course of
***> the last day and discovered the same thing.

***For what it's worth, I was in the SigAda booth virtually all of ***the
first
***day, and a couple of hours on the second day. (I would have been ***there
more,

To double that notion, I also worked the booth, and I was in the exhibition
hall every minute of every day it was open.  The only time the booth may
have been unstaffed was during the sessions for 15 minutes max for pottie
breaks (sorry I have a three year old).

I apologize that I did not see the original message (I just signed up for
TeamAda on my new e-mail today) but if the notion was that the conference
attendees did not visit the Ada booth then that is a mixed signal.   I can
not say that I spent more than 15 minutes (5 during breaks) without talking
with someone about Ada.  Some were just passing by and wondering if that was
"still a language" but most said they had worked on Ada at one point and
were not allowed to (or some such comment) any more.  It was kind of like
running into an old flame.  They wanted to be nice, but was afraid to be
seen and start a rumor about renewed passion for a forgotten love.

Well anyway, I can assure you we did our best to stand by and encourage (and
Hal did his best to get out and bellow when we were stamping the give-a-way
cards) so if anyone left thinking Ada was dead, they went in that way and
refused to listen.

Respectfully optimistic,

Tony