Sender:
From:
Nitin Sawhney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 11:52:38 -0400
Folks,

As you know the "development by design" (dyd02) conference in Bangalore
(Dec 1-2) is coming along quite well and we expect to have quite a few
notable keynotes, panels and workshops on design, innovation and
sustainability. http://www.thinkcycle.org/dyd02

** The submission deadline is Oct 7-15th for full papers (5-10 pages)
and Oct 25th for 2-page position papers.

The conference is sponsored by Media Lab Asia and the MIT Alliance for
Global Sustainability, and Infosys Technologies. It is held in cooperation
with ACM SIGCHI, ICSID, MIT Media Lab, Srishti and Indian Institute of
Sciences.

I would like to personally invite you to consider submitting a paper or
organizing a workshop. It's an excellent opportunity to share your work
and meet diverse experts from academia, industry and the nonprofit sector.
http://www.thinkcycle.org/dyd02/dydPubRules.htm
http://www.thinkcycle.org/dyd02/dydWorkshopCall.htm

We expect technical papers in sustainability, novel and low-cost
technologies & interfaces, education & design methodology for areas such
as urban/rural settings, elderly, disabled, disaster relief, human rights
etc. We also expect position papers on intellectual property, interaction
design, policy and developmental issues. Both long-term projects and novel
prototypes are encouraged for submission.

See examples of papers and panels at the dyd01 workshop held in MIT last
summer: http://www.thinkcycle.org/dyd

This year selected papers will be published in a printed proceedings and
included in the ACM Digital Library.

Even if you cannot attend the conference, we would like you to help us
review papers online. Its the first conference that supports an open
public peer-review process (though authors can set private review).
http://www.thinkcycle.org/tc-papers/?topic_id=33863&type=all

Feel free to consult with the Program Committee if you have any questions,
and we look forward to your participation.

best regards

Nitin Sawhney
dyd02 Program Co-Chair
PhD Candidate, MIT Media Lab

         N  i  T  i  n    S  a  w  H  n  e  Y
        MiT  meDia Lab | UrBan sTudiEs & pLaNniNg
     E15-384b     20 AmEs St    camBriDge   Ma 02139
         woRk 617.258.5956   sLeeP 617.252.0965
             http://www.media.mit.edu/~nitin