From:
"W. Wesley Groleau x4923" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 13:09:25 -0500
> > Problem here is we have to modify and recompile Ada Analyzer (AA).
>
> I'm not sure I follow you: do you have source code for Rational's AA?

Most of it comes as an API which is like a set of higher-level service
wrapped around ASIS.  The top one or two layer of the AA program, which
calls the AA API, are provided as source so that the user can customize
reports.

> Are you thinking of the "Locate Data Synchronization Points" analysis?
> It is not limited to checking two tasks at a time; instead you point
> it to (call trees of) all the tasks of interest, and it reports
> any shared variables within that set, along with the sharing mode
> (read/write/both).

I'll have to look at that.  I haven't used AA myself in a couple years,
so I was just going by what the report from the guy that wants to find
the shared variables.

Thanks

--
Wes Groleau