Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:20:56 +0000
>Published Results of Using Ada.  This is still being written, but the eighth
>slide mentions "equivalent" programs, one in Ada, one in C.  The one in Ada
>had 96% fewer post-ship defects!  Some points not mentioned (which should be)
>in some of the comparisons:

This reminds me of something else that may be useful, which is the Bell Labs
Technical Journal article describing the programming of some switching system
they developed (some of you may remember the one, it was mentioned some time ago
on c.l.a). If I remember, I'll try to get the URL for it, but it was basically a
description of how the team had gone about improving the reliability of coding
in C. Essentially they came up with around 10 points or something related to use
of C that should be either avoided or checked specifically to make sure they
were doen correctly. Interestingly the majority of the points were ones that
would have been picked up by an Ada compiler!

It was quite interesting and if anyone know of it, please feel free to post the
URL. Otherwise I'll try to post it tomorrow.

John