From:
Nitin Sawhney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nitin Sawhney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 01:57:06 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

As you may know we are organizing the 2nd International "development by
design" Conference in Bangalore, India, December 2002. The paper
submission deadline has been extended to October 7th, 2002. Here are some
relevant updates.

DEVELOPMENT BY DESIGN (dyd02)
2nd International Conference on
Open Collaborative Design for Sustainable Innovation
December 1-2, 2002, Bangalore, India

http://www.thinkcycle.org/dyd02

Sponsored by Media Lab Asia,
Alliance for Global Sustainability (MIT/AGS)
and Concept Labs

In Cooperation with ACM SIGCHI, MIT Media Lab, ThinkCycle,
Indian Institute of Science, Srishti and Digital Nations

** Extended Conference Deadlines **
- Full Conference Papers: *Oct 7th* (revised from Sept 15th)
- Student Posters & Position Papers: Oct 25th

About dyd02: This conference seeks to establish critical dialogue towards
open collaboration in sustainable technology, design and development. We
invite diverse perspectives from academia, industry, nonprofit
organizations, and independent innovators.

HOW YOU CAN PARTICIPATE:

* We encourage you submit a full paper, poster, video abstract or position
paper online. Student projects will be shown in a design exhibition at the
conference. See paper submission guidelines[1] on the dyd02 website.

* Along with reviews by the program committee, we encourage open online
peer review of all papers submitted (though authors can indicate "private
review" if needed). Subscribe to recieve email alerts[2] on new papers and
conference updates.

* To organize a pre-conference workshop, you many submit a short proposal
by *Sept 23rd*. See workshop submission guidelines[3]. Accepted workshops
will be listed on the dyd02 website by October 1st. Short position papers
for participants of workshops are due on Oct 25th.

* Please help us distribute the conference announcement[4] to relevant
mailing lists and interested parties.

We look forward to your participation in dyd02.

Program Co-Chairs
Nitin Sawhney, Poonam Kasturi and Vijay Chandru

Contact: [log in to unmask]

[1] http://www.thinkcycle.org/dyd02/dydPubRules.htm
[2] http://www.thinkcycle.org/tc-bboard/forum?forum_id=33861
[3] http://www.thinkcycle.org/dyd02/dydWorkshopCall.htm