Sender:
From:
"Hugh R. Beyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 10:11:53 -0000
A last-minute note for those who are going to CHI--

We'll be running our regular SIG on contextual techniques this year. The
SIG this year focuses on the next problem after getting customer data:
how to see implications for a particular design problem in the data. It's
our experience that designers need a way to recognize what data says for
them and their design. The data never dictates a design; recognizing how
to respond is a thinking process that starts with the data and draws out
implications.

In this SIG we'll explore ways to see design implications in data. We'll
use some preliminary data we've collected about the internet and web use,
and give everyone the opportunity to look at the data and share the
implications they see in it. It should be a fun advance look at data on
internet use as well as a good forum for talking about how to use
qualitative field data.

The SIG is on Thursday at 2:30. Hope to see you there!

     HRB
     InContext Enterprises
     (508) 772-0001