From:
D S Croston-Melling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 20:39:23 +0100

Thanks for the response.

Is this Ada 95 compiler with the ANSI C IML freely available for
download - if so I think this would be a good route to explore.

I can see it now... Ada 95 courses for Software Engineers, where the
handouts are not just the ALRM, a Freebie Compiler and a stale
croissant,
but a Shiney new Lego Mindstorms Kit, a suite of Ada packages to
interface the Firmware and a challenge to build a Multitasking Robot
in a week.

Seeing how Lego-Like Ada is in its Mind-Set, mabee someone from the
Ada community should Approach Lego DACTA to see if they would be
interested in bundling an Ada interface / IDE with the ROBOLAB
(larger more powerful kit targetted at schools).

I personally think that kids would soon get bored with the default
RCX environment, and PBForth sucks, NQC doesnt quite cut the mustard.

Dave SC-M.