From:
"Dale Jr, William" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 13:51:07 -0800
My experience is that the decision is based 99% on popularity of language X
and the ability to get cheap programmers who you need not train to work for
you.  The results are not an issue.

Even if we had hard data that language X yields poor results, and the Ada
yields better results the perception that Ada programmers are hard to find
prevails.  We need to build that killer app, or awesome game to get that
turned around.  Unless others have a better idea.

        Just my 2Cents.

William L. Dale
 "'E'commerce is not life and death. If it was,
it would be coded in Ada." - Dean Esposito - Team-Ada