Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 16:10:32 -0500
From:
Tucker Taft <[log in to unmask]>
Laurent Guerby wrote:

> Hi Teamers,
>
> I just read <http://www.ccur.com/news/pr/pr_133.html>:
>
>   FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Atlanta, Georgia, February 10, 2000
>   -- Concurrent Computer Corporation (NASDAQ:CCUR)
>   announced today, at its worldwide Real-Time User Meeting in
>   Fort Lauderdale, FL, that it will offer a suite of system
>   solutions and software development tools based on the Linux
>   operating system. Concurrent will offer a Linux version of its
>   highly acclaimed NightStar Development Tools and its
>   high-performance C/C++, FORTRAN, and Ada compilers.
>                                        ***
>
> Their Ada product page mention that an Ada 95 compiler is on its way.
> Does someone has any info about it?

Concurrent validated an Ada compiler in the past few months.  It is
based on the old VADS front end, which they licensed from Verdix many years
ago.  It is somewhat ironic that Aonix abandoned the old Telesoft front end,
but OCSystems went ahead and turned it into an Ada 95 compiler, and Rational
is abandoning the old VADS front end, but Concurrent went ahead and turned
it into an Ada 95 compiler.  And it sounds like they have now retargeted
it to
Linux.  It is not clear whether this is an x86 linux, or a linux for their
existing machine (I'm not sure what ISA it has).

> --LG

-Tucker Taft  [log in to unmask]