From:
"Kester, Rush W." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kester, Rush W.
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 14:24:00 -0400

I disagree with those who say a thin binding doesn't buy you much.  It let's
you call a wide variety of third party libraries from Ada for which the
library vendor only supplies a C binding.  While it may not get you all the
benefits of a strongly typed thick Ada binding, a C header to Ada binding
generator would open a vast repository of third party libraries to Ada
programmers.

Rush Kester
Software Systems Engineer
AdaSoft at Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab.
email:  [log in to unmask]
phone: (240) 228-3030 (live M-F 9:30am-4:30pm, voicemail anytime)
fax:      (240) 228-6779