From:
"Kester, Rush W." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kester, Rush W.
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 14:52:21 -0500
While I differ with Goeff on the percentage that was fact vs that which was
fiction (IMO, it's at least 50-75% fact.  I certainly didn't mean to imply
that the Australians were not good software professionals.  Quite to the
contrary.  I have encountered and heard stories about more "hackers." in the
states than anywhere else in the world.  I worked with a guy who put an
"April fool's joke" in his code and forgot to take it out.  When I found it
later while fixing an unrelated bug and confronted him, he shrugged it off,
saying, "I forgot all about that."   :-(

I'm just glad that most Team-Ada members are good software engineers.  WRT:
"down under," my apologies, I didn't realize this was considered a slur.
WRT which direction is UP, it's all in how you view the world.  :-)

Rush Kester
charter member Team-Ada
Software Systems Engineer
AdaSoft at Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab.
email:  [log in to unmask]
phone: (240) 228-3030 (live M-F 9:30am-4:30pm, voicemail anytime)
fax:      (240) 228-6779
http://hometown.aol.com/rwkester/myhomepage/index.html