ACMWE_SC Archives

acmwe_sc

ACMWE_SC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Araz Yusubov <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Jul 2020 16:28:08 +0000
Dear Adriana,

Thanks for adding me to the discussion.

Agree - would keep the message positive. But we want extra motivation to visit us later.

If we get Facebook support (hello, supporters team?), too - we can produce T-Shirt for everybody after the event, too.

So we would ask everybody on this point about their size. The message is - visit us - if you are international participant you will get your welcome pack anyway - but in addition you can get also your T-Shirt if quick enough.

I hope it dose make sense.

Many thanks, Araz

________________________________
From: Wilde A.G. <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 19:50
To: Nuria Castell - UPC <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>; Araz Yusubov <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Registration Test Page

Maybe the wording should reflect that unfortunately we are unable to ship them?
However, part of me thinks that this is creating an inequality of experience amongst participants, and perhaps a better solution would be just ordering the t-shirts for the local organising team (who  would still have to go and collect them from ADA Uni).
In that case, I would ask for the t-shirt sizes only if the participant is local (rather than to everyone, and then make them feel they are missing out on something).
What do you think Araz?

Adriana Wilde
WAIS group, Electronics and Computer Science, University of Southampton
https://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/people/agw106

On 28 Jul 2020, at 16:42, Nuria Castell - UPC <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

Hi Rukiye,

I followed the registration procedure and it is fine, now. Thanks !

The only comment is that when you get the registration summary, the only options are cancel or next. If you detect some error, it is not possible to go to the previous page for corrections, so it seems you need to start a new registration.

Regarding the t-shirts, I think it is fine highlighting that you must go to Baku to get your t-shirt :-)

Kind regards

Núria

El 28/07/2020 a las 10:34, Rukiye ALTIN escribió:
Dear Friends,

Registration set-up is done. Can you please check once<https://www.cvent.com/events/acm-celebration-of-women-in-computing-womencourage-2020/event-summary-85986967f16d496c86377d441212830c.aspx?tw=FF-DD-D3-81-D9-B9-E3-82-AF-ED-4C-D7-45-86-1A-F9> again and confirm?

I have two questions;

  1.  CVENT said student id card is asking on most of the events and one of us should check the ids every-time a student registered. Do we really need this? We had never had this question before.
  2.  I talked with Araz, he said Baku will not mail any shirts, and registrants need to come and pick up from the university. He said they budged 100 t-shirts and they need the sizes.. This may confuse the registrants but he suggests to add the question as:

Please select your t-shirt size.
There are limited number of special goodies, including T-Shirts for picking up on the first-come basis. Do not forget that <strong>you need to pick up goodies by yourself from ADA University.

is that fine?

Dorota, did you have the chance to check the Hackathon questions?

Best,
Rukiye

--
Rukiye ALTIN
METU DFS - ICT Teacher

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>  Virus-free. www.avast.com<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>

Ms. Dr. Nuria Castell Ariño

Natural Language Processing Group
IDEAI Research Center
Departament CS