ACMWE_SC Archives

acmwe_sc

ACMWE_SC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Bev Backmayer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2021 05:39:29 -0700

Dear Taras,

Through your work with the past ACM-WE Celebrations and ACM related
activities, we recognize your exceptional commitment and dedication to
supporting women in computing.

The ACM-W Europe, a standing committee of the ACM-W,  supports, celebrates,
and advocates internationally for the full engagement of women in all
aspects of the computing field, providing a wide range of programs and
services to ACM members and working in the larger community to advance the
contributions of technical women. In order to achieve our goals the ACM-W
Europe established a number of working groups. From your previous work you
will have engaged with the womENcourage Steering Committee (SC) which is one
of our working groups.

The womENcourage Steering Committee (SC) promotes the mission and vision of
ACM-WE through facilitating the organization of womENcourage Celebrations.
We focus on all organizational aspects ensuring the quality and continuity
of this important community event.

As womENcourage Steering Committee Chair, I would like to invite you to join
the womENcourage Steering Committee and contribute to the future planning of
womENcourage Celebrations.   The current committee of Bev, Ruth, Rukiye,
Nuria and Dorota would like to welcome you to our team!

We believe that with your help we can provide future organizing committees
the support and direction they need for future events. The womENcourage SC
meets monthly for one hour and members typically spend 5 additional hours
per month on related activities. The term of committee members is 2 years
after which you can apply to renew if you wish.

We are confident that you would be an excellent addition to our Committee
and we look forward to your reply. Should you have any questions or require
further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Bev Bachmayer

womENcourage Steering Committee Chair

ACM-W Europe