ACMWE_SC Archives



Options: Use Forum View

Use Monospaced Font
Show HTML Part by Default
Condense Mail Headers

Message: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]
Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]
Author: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
acmwe_sc <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Feb 2021 14:40:53 +0000
Dorota Filipczuk <[log in to unmask]>
Dorota Filipczuk <[log in to unmask]>
multipart/alternative; boundary="000000000000aba7aa05bb751744"
cc: Baru Buhnová <[log in to unmask]>
text/plain (3744 bytes) , text/html (20 kB)
Hi All,

Please see Bara's email below.


-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: ACM womEncourage 2021 Prague - February reporting
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 08:11:36 +0100
From: Bara Buhnova <[log in to unmask]> <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
<[log in to unmask]>, Olga Maximová <[log in to unmask]>
<[log in to unmask]>
CC: Ondřej Čejka <[log in to unmask]> <[log in to unmask]>,
Dita Přikrylová <[log in to unmask]> <[log in to unmask]>

* Dear womENcourage SC, We hope you are safe and healthy, enjoying some
sunny snowy days. We are sending a short report on our womENcourage 2021
conference preparations. 1. New OC members We are happy to welcome two
wonderful women who accepted our invitation to join the Organizing
Committee in role of international co-chairs: Sue Black
( <>) will in the role of a
Publicity co-chair help us to let the academic community know about the
conference. Sue is a great inspiration for many and we are really happy to
have her on board.  Monika Kovacovska will in the role of a Hackathon
co-chair help us with her expertise on organizing global online hackathons.
She is Head of Global Exec with great experience on this
<>.  1.
Slack workspace As we are quite large already, we have created a Slack
workspace, which we are happy to invite you to as well, if you agree: <>
1. Budget  Thank you for your feedback and recommendations regarding our
- we have incorporated your suggestions and this is the current version. It
is saved in our shared drive. The major changes are around registration
fees as per your advice, we also itemized virtual and physical attendance,
and sponsoring packages are also up to date now. 1. Registration system  We
liaised with Bev and Rukyie about the registration system Cvent. If it is
obligatory to use Cvent - as opposed to the inhouse system that our PCO
uses we might need some further information on handling the VAT after the
conference. Barbora Frycova, our Finance Chair and the PCO will join the
meeting to find out more.  1. Supporters Sponsorship packages have been
finalised and we are reaching out to supporters locally but mainly
internationally - the US Embassy, American Chamber of Commerce, Google,
Informatics Europe, Honeywell etc. 2. Hybrid vs. virtual conference So far,
we are still optimistic and planning the conference as hybrid. We will do
so by May 31 when we will make a decision if we keep it hybrid or might
switch to virtual. We want to keep the hybrid organization if possible.
Next call February monthly meeting with ACM on Feb 26th Link:
<>  Points to discuss - Shall we add
you to the Slack workspace? Who to add? - Registration system - Experience
with Career Fair from past conferences - Experience with Scholarships from
past conferences Thank you very much for your support. Bara and Olga
womENcourage 2021 Conference Chairs *

Studuj s námi IT celé jaro.