ACMWE_SC Archives

acmwe_sc

ACMWE_SC@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
acmwe_sc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 2021 12:15:00 +0200
From:
Bara Buhnova <[log in to unmask]>
To: Lennon Ruth <[log in to unmask]> cc: Olga Maximová <[log in to unmask]>, Marek Sedlák <[log in to unmask]>
the past participants of womENcourage, who opted in to receive
information about the conference? We will be very grateful. Thank you!
Bara and the team

Dear womENcourage community,

On behalf of the Conference chairs of the *8th ACM Celebration of Women
in Computing: womENcourage™ 2021* (https://womencourage.acm.org/2021) we
would like to kindly invite you to joinin us this year again, and also
help us to distribute the following message among your colleagues and
friends.

With the deadline on May 1, 2021, we welcome poster and short
tutorial/workshop submissions from all areas of computer science on the
theme: *“Bridging Communities to Foster Innovation”*. We welcome
everybody to join us with their submission to benefit most from the
opportunity to inspire, connect, give/receive encouragement and support
at this beautiful conference.

If the idea resonates with you, we will be very happy if you can
distribute this entire message or the conference info below in your
networks, and/or like/share these posts on it:

Twitter https://twitter.com/barabuhnova/status/1377948721011380226
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bara.buhnova/posts/10159479171441177

--- Detailed information ---

*8th ACM Celebration of Women in Computing*
https://womencourage.acm.org/2021

Virtual in CET timezone (with collocated on-site activities if possible)
from Prague, Czech Republic, on 22-24 September 2021

Open to all genders, *womENcourage™* initiated by ACM-W Europe is aimed
at connecting women from diverse technical disciplines and encouraging
them to pursue their education and profession in computing.

*womENcourage 2021 Conference Theme: Bridging Communities to Foster
Innovation*
This year’s ACM womENcourage 2021 is celebrating all attempts to bridge
communities to foster innovation. We are celebrating bridges built
across boundaries of disciplines, boundaries between industry and
academia, as well as boundaries among homogeneous communities, inviting
individuals of all genders, nationalities and ages to co-create together.

*Why join the conference?*
To find (1) inspiration and connection, (2) challenge and validation,
(3) encouragement and support, (4) purpose, and (5) opportunity.

*Call to take part*
- Submit your Poster by May 1, 2021
- Propose a Workshop or Tutorial by May 1, 2021
- Join the Hackathon
- Join the Career Fair
- Get a Scholarship

Thanks a lot for your help in distributing this call!

Bara Buhnova
womENcourage 2021 General (co-)chair