BACM-ANNOUNCE Archives

BACM-Announce

bacm-announce@ACM.ORG

From:
Emil Volcheck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 2010 14:04:12 -0400
Dear colleagues,

I'd like to remind you about the Baltimore ACM evening of lightning/flash
talks this Wednesday, June 9, and to please RSVP if you're coming.
We have six great five-minute talks lined up:

* The Baltimore Node -- Mr. Jon Lesser

* Voting Technology and Policy -- Dr. William Edelstein

* Certification Organizations for Global Computing and IT Workers --
Dr. Joyce C. Little

* Encapsulation -- Dr. David Isherwood

* Bmorefiber: Bringing Google Fiber to Baltimore -- Mr. Gary Davison

* Synthetic yeast: designing a microbial engineer -- Ms. Sarah Richardson

Following the talks, we will have a five-minute annual report and elections
for the Baltimore ACM chapter.

The full announcement is here:

    http://www.bacm.us/content/2010/05/flash-talks-computing-annual-meeting-june-9

Buffet dinner starts at 6:30 pm, and the talks begin at 8:00 pm at the
Engineering Society of Baltimore.  If you plan to attend the dinner, talks,
or both, please email David Isherwood at [log in to unmask] .

Best regards,

--Emil

Emil Volcheck, Chair
Baltimore ACM Chapter