BACM-ANNOUNCE Archives

BACM-Announce

bacm-announce@ACM.ORG

From:
Emil Volcheck <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Emil Volcheck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2014 22:58:25 -0400
Hello, Baltimore ACM,

Here's an announcement from JHU ACM.

Thanks,

--Emil

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul O'Neil <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 4:53 PM
Subject: JHU ACM Event
To: Emil Volcheck <[log in to unmask]>

Hello Emil,

I'm Paul O'Neil, the Chair for the JHU chapter of the ACM this year.
In the past, you've been our contact to the Baltimore chapter.  On May
2, we're hosting Greg Kroah-Hartman of the Linux Foundation.  There's
a more detailed title/bio/abstract below.  We would love to have
Baltimore ACM-ers attend.  If you have more questions or concerns feel
free to email me or any of the other officers ([log in to unmask]).
There should be flyers shortly, and we can send them your way if you
like.

Thanks!
Paul O'Neil

Speaker:  Greg Kroah-Hartman, Linux Foundation

Date & Time:  Friday, May 2, 2014 at 4:00 pm; reception to follow

Location:  Hackerman B-17

Title:
The Linux kernel, too fast and too big to be correct.

Abstract:
This talk will go into the details of how the Linux kernel is
developed, the current rate of change, who is doing the work,
and how all of this goes against everything you have learned in
school about doing software development. It will also introduce
some ways that you can get involved in Linux kernel development.

Bio:
Greg Kroah-Hartman is a Linux kernel developer and a Fellow at
the Linux Foundation. He is responsible for the stable Linux
kernel releases, and is the maintainer of the USB, driver core,
tty, serial, staging, and many other driver subsystems in the
kernel. He has written two books about Linux kernel development
and many papers and magazine articles.

This lecture is sponsored by the Nathan Krasnopoler Memorial Fund,
established at the Whiting School of Engineering, to benefit the Johns
Hopkins chapter of the Association for Computing Machinery.

--
Emil Volcheck
http://EmilVolcheck.com/

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]