BAYCHI-KIDS Archives

ACM SIGCHI SF Bay Area Kid-Computer Interaction (Announcements)

BAYCHI-KIDS@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Debra Lieberman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Debra Lieberman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2007 13:05:25 -0700
LeapFrog is looking for a Usability Researcher and the announcement is
below.  Even though LeapFrog puts their job openings in the BayCHI Job
Bank, I thought it would be useful to highlight it in BayCHI-Kids, too.

BTW, what's new in children's media in the Bay Area?  (I've lived in
Santa Barbara for the past 8 years, so have not attended recent
BayCHI-Kids meetings.)  Let us know what you're working on and what
you've seen.  Or, if there are any Bay Area events we should know about
in our field, send that information along.   E-mail your posting to
[log in to unmask]  We have some new subscribers and I'm sure they'd
especially appreciate an introduction to our community.  Thanks!

-- Debra

Debra Lieberman, Ph.D.
Department of Communication
UC Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, CA 93106

http://www.comm.ucsb.edu/lieberman_flash.htm

Company: LeapFrog Enterprises
Job Title: Usability Researcher, LeapFrog Lab
Sr. Research Associate,
LeapFrog User Lab

Company Overview
LeapFrog (NYSE: LF) is a leading designer, developer and marketer of
innovative, technology based educational products and related
proprietary content. [full description below]

Setting:
The LeapFrog User Lab is dedicated to understanding and advancing
usability, engagement, fun, and learning with interactive products and
web environments for children and their families. We conduct user
testing in two on-site lab facilities, via the Web, and in local schools
and community organizations.

Key Responsibilities:
With guidance from the Sr. Research Manager, the Research
Associate works with a high level of independence to plan,
implement, and communicate testing for all user types, with
a special focus on school-aged and adults.
* Write and circulate research proposals
* Design test plans in conjunction with product teams
* Facilitate Lab testing with users, individuals and groups
* Collect data appropriate to research question and methods
* Analyze both qualitative and quantitative data
* Write reports and present key findings and recommendations

Job Qualifications:
* Ability to conduct research: translate product design
issues into testable questions, observe and
accurately record user behavior, collect qualitative
and quantitative data, identify patterns in data, draw
logical and justifiable conclusions, and recommend
action based on conclusions.
* Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional
team to apply research findings, and impact product
design and marketing decisions
* Ability to work with and troubleshoot digital video systems.
* Interact well with children, parents, and teachers
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.

Required Education & Work Experience
* Advanced degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI),
Education, Learning Sciences, or related fields. PhD a plus.
* 1+ years experience conducting Usability research
* Experience working with children and adults in research
or educational setting.

Company Overview
LeapFrog (NYSE: LF) is a leading designer, developer and
marketer of innovative, technology based educational
products and related proprietary content. LeapFrog was
founded in 1995 on the principle of providing unique
learning experiences that fuse pedagogy with proprietary
technology to produce engaging, delightful tools that foster
a lifelong love of learning. The LeapFrog name is respected
and loved by kids, parents and teachers around the world.
Based in Emeryville, California, LeapFrog has developed a
family of learning platforms that come to life with more
than 100 interactive software titles, covering important
subjects such as phonics, reading, math, music, geography,
social studies, and science. In addition, the Company has
created more than 35 stand-alone educational products for
children from birth to 16 years. LeapFrog’s award-winning
consumer products are available in six languages at major
retailers in more than 25 countries around the world. The
LeapFrog SchoolHouse? curriculum programs are currently in
100,000 classrooms across the United States.

Apply online:
http://jobs.leapfrog.com/jobapp_referrer.asp?job_id=92453
[mention LinkedIn, please]