BAYCHI-UE Archives

ACM SIGCHI BayCHI SF Bay Area Usability Engineering (Announcements)

BAYCHI-UE@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Franci McFarland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Franci McFarland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2012 21:36:50 -0800
Announcing BOF Name Change: Design Research

We have renamed the Usability Engineering BOF to the Design Research BOF to better reflect our interest in all types of research and work with
users throughout the product life cycle, extending the focus beyond
engineering usability to designing experiences.

The audience for this BOF typically includes: ethnographers, user
experience researchers, usability and human factors engineers, designers
of user interfaces, and others who affect or are interested in product
design.

In the coming weeks the web site and email list will be updated to reflect our new name - in the meantime please pardon any disparities.

We also hope you will join us at our March event. Details will be announced shortly via this mailing list and in the upcoming BayCHI newsletter.

To learn more about us and find instructions for joining our mailing list, visit the BOF's web page:

http://www.baychi.org/bof/usability/

--
Design Research BOF Co-chairs:
  Julie Baher