BAYCHI-UE Archives

ACM SIGCHI BayCHI SF Bay Area Usability Engineering (Announcements)

BAYCHI-UE@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
"ACM SIGCHI BayCHI SF Bay Area Usability Engineering (Announcements)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Apr 2011 21:44:12 -0700
From:
Mary Van Riper <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
Hello BayCHI Usability Engineering/User Research community,

We are looking for a leader to co-lead our group. If you or someone you know
has the passion and energy to bring researchers and designers together to
collaborate and share information, please contact us.

Thirteen years ago, I founded this group. Howard Tamler helped co-lead it
earlier on, and Jenny Gove helped co-lead it most recently. We partnered
with Kaaren Hanson who led the Bay Area UPA chapter and we held joint
meetings for many years.  We really enjoyed getting together and learning
with all of you! This past year, Jenny, Kaaren and I all realized we no
longer have time to run this group.

We would like to see this community continue to collaborate and network
together. This is a really interesting time in our industry with new tools
and processes being developed for research. If you are interested in helping
to co-lead the group, please contact me.

Cheers,
Mary VanRiper